Monday, August 27, 2012

Marion Crampe Workshop

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to attend Marion Crampe's Tricks workshop, and it was of course a great chance to widen the performance repertoire. Here is a video of her recent performance at L.A. Pole Convention 2012, to put a face to the name:



Although not as knowledgeable as Jenyne Butterfly in the technicalities of pole, Marion conveyed an air of high energy, lots of passion, and was very clear in her teaching. I did feel a bit rushed/ignored at some points as the workshop seemed over capacity. Built much like Jenyne, Marion looks strong and flexible. Her style of pole dancing is graceful and well-practiced, but I truly did love Jenyne's exaggerated slow-motion movements that seem to be her signature. Marion led us through an awesome warm up that triggered and strengthened all the right muscles for pole, yet was balanced enough to get us going without tiring us out. I did message her afterwards regarding this warm up, and I hope she will one day create a video and share it with the community.

In 1.5 hours we learned 4 tricks, one of which was her signature Janeiro.



It feels good to learn new tricks, as you trigger muscles that you don't usually use. I was sore for at least two days after her workshop.

The one big thing I took away from this workshop is the fact that working on trusting yourself, especially when it comes to acrobatics, is easier said than done. Marion commented on my strength, but noted that I hold back too much due to fear. She ran around my pole, throwing away my safety crash mats  saying in her classic french accent, "We do not need crash mats because we never fall!" Words to live by.

Tantra Fitness is really hitting it hard on getting some great pole athletes in for workshops! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment